|Isn't Keith so sweet?|
...I realize I'm a little bit posting this, so by the time you read this, you have probably already missed your chance to call in single. (Maybe celebrate it on Tuesday instead? ha.) I'm not going to fill this blog post with a bunch of mushy-gushy things (although I did post a cell phone photo of the flowers Keith got me, haha.)... I'll just celebrate the fact that it's CREAM FILLED CHOCOLATE DAY. Yum. & that tomorrow all of the candy/chocolate will be on sale! Awesome. Here is a recipe for some Lemon Cream Filled Chocolates!
Lemon Filling - Ingredients
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbls butter
- 1 Tbls light corn syrup
- 1 Tbls lemon extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz white chocolate chips or white dipping chocolate broken into small pieces
- Combine heavy cream, butter, and corn syrup in sauce pan. Bring to a simmer over low heat, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat, pour over white chocolate chunks in a microwavable bowl, stir until well blended to make a ganache (you may need to microwave the mixture for 15-20 seconds to finish melting the chocolate)
- Wrap the top of the bowl with saran wrap, cool 2-3 hours (or overnight in fridge)
- Place in electric mixer, add lemon extract and powdered sugar, and whip until fluffy (you may need to microwave it for 10-15 seconds first if you left it overnight)
- Fill pastry bag, use large nib to pipe 1-inch balls onto wax paper
- Chill at least one hour or until firm
Chocolate ShellHow much chocolate you use for the shell depends on how thick you want it, whether you double-dip, and whether you use a mold. Melt a little at a time, enough to work with, as you go. Rice Krispies can be mixed in with the extra chocolate to make chocolate crisp.