|(Terrible photos, haha. I really have to stop taking photos at night time! The kitchen lighting is so bad for photos. Oh well.)|
This juice was really delicious. I juiced an apple, a pear, a bunch of grapes, some kale (I added more than is pictured) and a bit of ginger. I'll definitely be making this juice again. When I was juicing the kale, I found it was easier to kind of stick it or wrap it around a piece of pear or apple. When I tried to just juice the kale on it's own, it didn't really work. So if you have any problems juicing something like kale (or spinach, mint, parsley, etc.) try putting it in with something like a pear or an apple.
Here are some health benefits for juicing grapes (from juicing-for-health):
- Anti-coagulant: The juice from this tiny fruit can help prevent blood clotting and in the process, help improve blood circulation which would generally improve on overall health.
- Anti-inflammation: The anti-inflammatory agents in grapes greatly help reduce the risks of inflammatory problems like rheumatism, gout and asthma.
- Cancer: The rich and high content of anti-oxidants in cancer are superb for the prevention of cancer.
- Eyes: The flavonol compounds in grape seeds are effective for the treatment of night blindness, retinal disorders and vision improvement.
- Fever: Drink grape juice consistently to reduce fever. It would also help relieve fatigue and provide energy to the body.
- Heart disease: Grapes are beneficial in toning up the heart, reduce heart pains, and can normalize heart palpitations. To enjoy the benefits, go on a grape diet for a few days.
- Indigestion: A gentle and natural home remedy for indigestion.
- Mouth and throat infection: Drink juice of unripe grapes to help clear infections in the mouth and throat.
- Migraine: Certain compounds in grapes make this miracle juice powerfully effective in relieving headaches and migraine.
- Liver: The abundance of minerals in grapes stimulate the cleansing activity in liver, helps to detoxify.
- Skin: The highly cleansing properties of grape juice and the high vitamin C content is very beneficial for the skin and helps reduce acne.