Last week De, Julie & I went crystal shopping for De's new shoppe: The Queen's Quartz. The place that De buys some of her crystals from has this amazing room called the Salt Room. It's a room that is completely covered in salt. The walls, ceiling, the floor, those bricks... everything is salt. Here's how it works:
Dry-salt enriched air contains tiny salt particles that are not noticeable and easily inhaled with natural breathing. By sitting in the Salt Room for a prolonged period, low concentrations of salt are delivered to where it is most needed – deep in the lungs, where the salt then dissolves phlegm in the bronchial tubes and kills micro-organisms that cause infections. The phlegm, allergens, bacteria and any small impurities are later coughed up by the patient or leave the body through other natural metabolic ways. The treatment works to reduce the basis of inflammation by destroying bacteria and strengthening the immune system.
Some of the several treatments you will be receiving from The Rock Spa Salt Therapy include:
- Clearance of the bronchial inflammation
- Removal of the airborne pollen particles via airways
- Strengthening of the immune system which diminishes allergic reactions to pollens
- Sanitation and Cleansing of airways
- Treatment and Prevention of flu and common colds
- Improvement in dermatological disorders such as dermatitis, psoriasis and acne.
- Better sleep and Reduction in snoring
- Stress Relief and invigoration
- Reduce fatigue and improve mood
It's pretty crazy that salt can do all that for you. I was just in there for a few minutes while I took these photos & it's such a cool room. I'd love to try a session there next time I go. So interesting. Have any of you been in a salt room before?